News & Info: May 5th
Spirit Store Sale
Next Thursday and Friday, May 12th & 13th, there will be an end-of-the-year sale in the Spirit Store located in the Elementary School lobby! Don't miss your opportunity for some great Silverdale spirit wear as we head into the summer months.
Summer will be here before you know it, so we want to be sure you have a safe, engaging summer camp experience for your children here at Silverdale Baptist Academy! Whether you're looking for camps in academic subjects, sports, art, and more, our complete camp offerings can be found online at www.silverdaleba.org/camps. Take a look and register today!
ATTENTION Elementary & Middle School Parents!
It’s time to start planning for next year!
PTF will offer Pre-Packaged School Supply Kits for elementary and middle school students again for the 2016-2017 school year.
Letters and order form information will go home with elementary students the week of April 11th. An email with the order information will be sent out to parents of upcoming 7th and 8th students. We have partnered with the company, Schookidz, a Staples® Company.
It is time to place your order…
ALL Orders will be completed online: www.shopttkits.com Acct# 61176 Choose your child’s grade (2016-2017) (It is fast and easy and NO service charge will be applied)
Orders will be taken NOW until May 13th (Sorry, no orders can be taken after this date)
Look for more reminders to follow…
If you have additional questions, please email your PTF representative
[vimeo 164835867 w=640 h=360]
[vimeo 164835892 w=640 h=360]
- UNIFORM RESALE: The Parent-Teacher Fellowship Uniform Resale is a chance for parents to sell their student's uniforms along with buying gently used uniforms at a great price. The dates for this summer's sale are Thursday and Friday, July 21st-22nd, with resale volunteers getting priority shopping Wednesday evening! All documents related to the resale can be found on the Parent Portal here. If you have any other questions, please email the coordinator.
- FINANCIAL INFORMATION: Pay your tuition in full by Wednesday, May 18th and receive a $200 discount per student. If you have questions contact Angie Howard at extension 2225 or by email or Pam Riley at extension 2226 or by email. Don’t miss a beat in the world of tuition and finance – check the Financial page on the Parent Portal for current information.
- 2016-2017 MASTER CALENDAR: Check Academy dates for vacation, holidays, etc – the school’s master calendar for the upcoming 2016-2017 year is available on our website by clicking here.
- UPCOMING DATES:
- May 6th: Spirit Day
- May 10th: High School Awards
- May 11th: Senior Day
- May 12th: 5th Grade Play
- May 17th: Kindergarten Graduation, 8:30am, Sanctuary
- May 17th: Preschool Graduation
- May 18th: Elementary Awards, 8:30am, Sanctuary
- May 18th: 5th Grade Tribute, 10:00am, Sanctuary
- May 19th: Baccalaureate
- May 20th: Graduation
In House Field Trips: Thursday, May 5th & Friday, May 6th our Preschoolers will be having two In-House Field Trips. First they will visit the Critter Corral Petting Zoo and then cool off with a snow cone from Kona Ice. The cost for both is $5.00 per student and can be turned in to your child's teacher. Cash only please and no loose change.
Pre-K 4 & Pre-K 5 Graduation: Tuesday, May 17th is Preschool Graduation for our Pre-K 4 & Pre-K 5 students who are moving on to Kindergarten next year. The ceremony will begin at 11:00 am in the Sanctuary. Students should arrive in their classrooms at 10:30 am.
Last Day of Preschool: Friday, May 13th - This is a full day and regular Night Owls is available for those who are registered.
- Preschool Parent Portal: CLICK HERE
- Fifth Grade Play: PIRATES! The Musical: "We're off to sail the rollicking sea, PIRATES all are we!" But... ARRR, and shiver me timbers! There's a stowaway on board! Join this salty crew of colorful scallywags named Bluebeard, Yellowbeard, Whitebeard, Purplebeard - well, you get the picture - along with The King of the High Seas and his mates. The Fifth Grade will hoist the Jolly Roger and set sail for a mighty adventure on May 12th and you're all invited! Where? In the SBA Chapel. When? Early Show at 9:30 a.m. and Late Show at 1:00 p.m.
- Elementary Yearbooks: To order your child’s yearbook, log on to www.treering.com and use the school code 1013171646543951 to get started. To order yearbooks from years past, contact Treering Support directly at 877-755-TREE.
- Elementary Parent Portal: CLICK HERE
May 10th: Early Dismissal Forms are due for students leaving at noon on the optional 1/2 days.
Middle School students may wear their regular uniforms on Wednesday, May 11th and Wednesday, May 18th.
Middle School Exam Schedules6th GradeMay 10 Study Skills ExamMay 11 Science ExamMay 12 History ExamMay 13 English ExamMay 16 Math ExamMay 17 Bible ExamMay 18 Make-Up Exams7th and 8th GradeMay 13 1st and 2nd Period ExamsMay 16 3rd and 4th Period ExamsMay 17 5th and 6th Period ExamsMay 18 7th Period Exams and Make-Up Exams
- Carline Safety: For the safety of all students, students must be picked up at the designated carline entrance, entrance #4. Students may not wait for you on the couches. Please do not ask them to meet you any place other than the carline area. Thank you.
- May 6: Spirit Day
May 10th-12th: Exam Review days
May 13th - 18th: ExamsMiddle School students may be dismissed at 12:00pm or 3:05pm on May 13th, 16th, and 17th. May 18th is a half day for all students. Look for an Early Dismissal Form in your email next week.
- Middle School Parent Portal: CLICK HERE
High School Awards Program: will take place at 6:30pm on Tuesday, May 10th in the Sanctuary.
Early Dismissal Forms for high school exams are due on Tuesday, May 10th to the homeroom teachers.
High School Exam ScheduleThursday, May 12 - Bible 8:30, English 10:15Friday, May 13 - Foreign Language 8:30, History 10:15Monday, May 16 - Math 9:00Tuesday, May 17 - Science 9:00Wednesday, May 18 - For all makeup exams 8:00*Sage lunch will be served on the 12th, 13th, 16th and 17th for those students staying until 3:05 if parents sign the early dismissal form.
Help the High School Yearbook by uploading your photos of school events and activities! See the info in the graphic below.
- Congratulations to senior Emily Skelton, who has signed to continue her soccer career with the Lions of Piedmont College!
- Congratulations to senior Catie Shadden, who will be continuing her cheer career with the Lee University Flames!
- Congratulations to Juniors Christian Rogers and Brannon Walls, who were named to this year's 5-A All-District Basketball Team.
- BOOSTER MEMBERSHIP: Sign up to be a booster member here. For questions or more information about becoming a booster, email Tiffany Givens.
- For team calendars, check out the Athletics Master Calendar online. (When team schedules change at school, these calendars auto-update). If you use Google calendars personally, you can instantly add any of our athletic or team calendars to your own by clicking the “+Google Calendar” button in the lower right corner of the calendar you’d like to add.