News & Info: April 28th
Middle School Drama This Thursday & Friday
Mrs. Callie Crews has been working hard with her cast of middle school students in preparations for their presentation of Law & Order: Fairy Tale Unit this Thursday and Friday, April 28th-29th at 6:30pm in the Chapel here on campus. General Admission is $5 (including students), $4 for senior adults, and free to faculty and staff. We hope to see you there for an evening of comedic fun!
Summer will be here before you know it, so we want to be sure you have a safe, engaging summer camp experience for your children here at Silverdale Baptist Academy! Whether you're looking for camps in academic subjects, sports, art, and more, our complete camp offerings can be found online at www.silverdaleba.org/camps. Take a look and register today!
ATTENTION Elementary & Middle School Parents!
It’s time to start planning for next year…
PTF will offer Pre-Packaged School Supply Kits for elementary and middle school students again for the 2016-2017 school year.
Letters and order form information will go home with elementary students the week of April 11th. An email with the order information will be sent out to parents of upcoming 7th and 8th students. We have partnered with the company, Schookidz, a Staples® Company.
It is time to place your order…
ALL Orders will be completed online: www.shopttkits.com Acct# 61176 Choose your child’s grade (2016-2017) (It is fast and easy and NO service charge will be applied)
Orders will be taken NOW until May 13th (Sorry, no orders can be taken after this date)
Look for more reminders to follow…
If you have additional questions, please email your PTF representative
- UNIFORM RESALE: The Parent-Teacher Fellowship Uniform Resale is a chance for parents to sell their student's uniforms along with buying gently used uniforms at a great price. The dates for this summer's sale are Thursday and Friday, July 21st-22nd, with resale volunteers getting priority shopping Wednesday evening! All documents related to the resale can be found on the Parent Portal here. If you have any other questions, please email the coordinator.
- FINANCIAL INFORMATION: Please remember payments are due on the 1st of each month and late after the 5th (late charge $20). If accounts are not current, your RenWeb accounts will be blocked. Please contact the financial office if you have questions regarding your account. Don’t miss a beat in the world of tuition and finance – check the Financial page on the Parent Portal for current information.
- 2016-2017 MASTER CALENDAR: Check Academy dates for vacation, holidays, etc – the school’s master calendar for the upcoming 2016-2017 year is available on our website by clicking here.
- UPCOMING DATES:
- April 28th-29th: Middle School Drama Production
- May 4th: Middle School Awards Program
- May 4th: Middle School Talent Show
- May 4th: Senior Scholarship Chapel
- May 6th: High School Talent Show
- May 6th: Spirit Day
- May 10th: High School Awards
- May 11th: Senior Day
- May 12th: 5th Grade Play
- May 17th: Kindergarten Graduation, 8:30am, Sanctuary
- May 17th: Preschool Graduation
- May 18th: Elementary Awards, 8:30am, Sanctuary
- May 18th: 5th Grade Tribute, 10:00am, Sanctuary
- May 19th: Baccalaureate
- May 20th: Graduation
In House Field Trips: Thursday, May 5th & Friday, May 6th our Preschoolers will be having two In-House Field Trips. First they will visit the Critter Corral Petting Zoo and then cool off with a snow cone from Kona Ice. The cost for both is $5.00 per student and can be turned in to your child's teacher. Cash only please and no loose change.
Pre-K 4 & Pre-K 5 Graduation: Tuesday, May 17th is Preschool Graduation for our Pre-K 4 & Pre-K 5 students who are moving on to Kindergarten next year. The ceremony will begin at 11:00 am in the Sanctuary. Students should arrive in their classrooms at 10:30 am.
Last Day of Preschool: Friday, May 13th - This is a full day and regular Night Owls is available for those who are registered.
- Preschool Parent Portal: CLICK HERE
- Fifth Grade Play: PIRATES! The Musical: "We're off to sail the rollicking sea, PIRATES all are we!" But... ARRR, and shiver me timbers! There's a stowaway on board! Join this salty crew of colorful scallywags named Bluebeard, Yellowbeard, Whitebeard, Purplebeard - well, you get the picture - along with The King of the High Seas and his mates. The Fifth Grade will hoist the Jolly Roger and set sail for a mighty adventure on May 12th and you're all invited! Where? In the SBA Chapel. When? Early Show at 9:30 a.m. and Late Show at 1:00 p.m.
- Elementary Yearbooks: To order your child’s yearbook, log on to www.treering.com and use the school code 1013171646543951 to get started. To order yearbooks from years past, contact Treering Support directly at 877-755-TREE.
- Elementary Parent Portal: CLICK HERE
- Lost and Found will be on tables in the middle school hallway the week of May 2nd. All students are encouraged to look through it. This will be the last time Lost and Found is set up this year. Parents and students from other grades are welcome to look through it. There are some clothing items that are pretty small.
- Carline Safety: For the safety of all students, students must be picked up at the designated carline entrance, entrance #4. Students may not wait for you on the couches. Please do not ask them to meet you any place other than the carline area. Thank you.
- April 28-29: Middle School Drama Production of "Law and Order: Fairy Tale Unit," 6:30pm each evening in the Chapel
- May 4: Awards Program, Talent Show
- May 6: Spirit Day
May 10th-12th: Exam Review days
May 13th - 18th: ExamsMiddle School students may be dismissed at 12:00pm or 3:05pm on May 13th, 16th, and 17th. May 18th is a half day for all students. Look for an Early Dismissal Form in your email next week.
- Middle School Parent Portal: CLICK HERE
Senior Scholarship Chapel is on Wednesday, May 4th. We will announce all scholarships offered to seniors and senior superlatives. Parents are welcome to attend at 11:05 am in the Sanctuary.
2016-2017 Senior Trip and Junior Trip Meeting: Thursday, May 5th we will meet to introduce these trips to our current sophomore and junior parents. The senior trip meeting will begin at 7:00pm in the Chapel, followed by the junior trip meeting at 8:00pm.
- Dress down day: Thursday, May 5th, high school will have a paid dress down day benefitting the three mission trips our students will attend this summer. These include 2 Score International trips and the trip to Guatemala sponsored by the Interact Club. For $3, students can dress down in appropriate, approved attire. Thank you in advance for your continued support of these excellent causes.
Senior Talks will resume May 3rd with Alexander Ioannidis, Kaleb Swope and Tanner Gibson - this is the last one for this year. They have all been wonderful and we pray the 9th - 11th grades took to heart the insightful messages that each one delivered.
Friday, April 29th, is a dress down day for middle and high school students selling 3 or more cases of Cokes. Regular dress code applies.
Dual Enrollment meeting for all 9th - 11th grade students will be held on Friday, April 29th, during Activity Period in Mr. Overman's room. 9th and 10th grade will meet at 11:10. 11th grade will meet at 11:25.
Help the High School Yearbook by uploading your photos of school events and activities! See the info in the graphic below.
- NEW ITEMS IN SPIRIT STORE! Check out the spirit store kiosk now - you've asked and we've answered with some brand new hats!
- BOOSTER MEMBERSHIP: Sign up to be a booster member here. For questions or more information about becoming a booster, email Tiffany Givens.
- For team calendars, check out the Athletics Master Calendar online. (When team schedules change at school, these calendars auto-update). If you use Google calendars personally, you can instantly add any of our athletic or team calendars to your own by clicking the “+Google Calendar” button in the lower right corner of the calendar you’d like to add.