Silverdale Baptist Academy welcomes applications for admission from students entering preschool through grade 12. Once your application folder is complete with all of the documents required for admissions, you will be contacted to schedule testing (grades K-8 only) and interview dates (K-12 only). Students at every grade level are required to turn in an application for admission. We actively seek to create and cultivate a diverse student body. Diversity at Silverdale is defined by differences in race, denomination, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, physical ability, and learning styles.
PRESCHOOL APPLICATION - COMING SOON
Testing is only necessary for rising 3rd-8th grade students. Dates for the 2020-2021 school year are as follows: January 25, February 22, and April 25. Our Admissions Department will contact you to schedule testing when your child's application file has been completed.
STANDARDS FOR EVALUATING PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS:
- Personal Christian commitment of parents and student(s).
- The willingness of parents and student(s) to be supportive of the Academy's Christian philosophy of education.
- The willingness of parents and student(s) to support the administration and faculty in carrying out the goals and programs of the Academy.
- History of acceptable citizenship in the previous school experience.
- Agreement of parents and student(s) to abide by the behavior standards established by the Academy.
Academic Considerations - 6th-12th
- Documented record of acceptable grades (2.0 GPA or higher) in the previous school experience.
- Acceptable scores on achievement tests.
- For preschool applicants, following submission of inquiry (above), availability will be confirmed via communication from the preschool before beginning an application.
- For Kindergarten applicants, the child must be 5 years of age by September 1st of the academic year.
- Student's special interests, talents, and skills.
- The Academy makes no distinction in its admission policy on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin.
We support an environment that enriches the learning experience of the school community and prepares students to become leaders as well as followers of Christ in an ever-changing world.
If you would like to schedule a tour of Silverdale's campus, please click here.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have in regards to the application process:
Preschool Administrative Assistant
423-499-3822 ext. 2230
Director of Enrollment & Engagement
Silverdale Baptist Academy admits students of any race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Silverdale Baptist Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarships, financial aid, and athletic and other school-administered or sponsored programs and events.
Silverdale Baptist Academy requires students to be vaccinated in accordance with the schedule or catch up schedule prescribed by state statutes and regulations. Even though Tennessee law provides exemptions for religious objections, Silverdale’s policy does not. Silverdale will determine whether to allow medical exemptions on a case by case basis after review by a medical professional selected by Silverdale. If a student is not current with his or her vaccinations, Silverdale will allow the catch-up schedule to be followed. Silverdale will work with a family and their physician if they have scheduling issues, but they must be making a good faith effort to make progress in accordance with the catch-up schedule.