Expected Student Outcomes: Portrait of a Graduate
Engaged Learners Who:
- Understand and apply subject content and skills.
- Cultivate virtues and intellectual habits (Curiosity, Openness, Engagement, Creativity, Persistence, Responsibility, Flexibility, Metacognition).
- Discern, reason, problem-solve, and think creatively.
- Organize and use information to support conclusions.
- Value and maintain physical, social, emotional, moral, and spiritual health.
Servant Leaders Who:
- Model a reflective and strong work ethic.
- Respect themselves and the diversity of others as image-bearers of Christ.
- Promote and practice justice, mercy, and peacemaking in family and society.
- Demonstrate responsible citizenship in all endeavors.
- Recognize and utilize diverse gifts in the body of Christ and in the community.
Effective Communicators Who:
- Listen openly and respectfully to other people's ideas, filtering everything through the lens of a biblical worldview.
- Respond and communicate with confidence, wisdom, and discernment.
- Communicate well through writing and speaking, reading, presenting, and the arts.
- Collaborate with openness, flexibility, and responsibility.
- Integrate different forms of communication creatively and effectively.
Faithful Disciples Who:
- Develop a reflective Christian worldview so they may confidently defend their faith and share biblical truth in a manner that is culturally aware.
- Recognize that the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, a guide for living through which they can know Christ.
- Develop a Kingdom Mindset in relationships, discipleship, community, and service to others.
- Foster a reverence for God, respect for all authority, and an appreciation for God’s diverse creation.
- Understand stewardship and the Goal of doing everything to the glory of God.