Middle School Curriculum Overview
At Silverdale Baptist Academy, we believe that children are image bearers of Christ, and our desire is that students seek to honor Christ above all through a lifestyle that is pleasing to God. We seek to instill in our students a love of Christ that permeates every aspect their lives, socially and academically. Silverdale's middle school curriculum actively engages students in a comprehensive program that is challenging and thought provoking. The learning environment in our middle school is designed to nurture students through the years of early adolescence. We strive to equip them with skills for academic success through inquiry, problem solving, and critical thinking. In addition to stimulating instruction in the core classes of Math, English, Science, Social Studies, and Bible, students are given the opportunity to develop their individual interests in Art, Music, Drama, Foreign Languages, and Technology.
We strive to educate and disciple our students for success during the middle school years, while preparing them for high school and beyond by providing:
- An environment that fosters excellent habits of responsibility
- Engaging and active learning experiences designed to expand critical thinking skills
- Differentiated learning experiences based on individual learning style or level of need
- The understanding of a Biblical worldview in every subject
- Opportunities to serve the community in the greater Chattanooga area
- Outdoor Education experiences designed to expand curiosity and creativity
- Opportunities to engage in activities that pertain to Science, Technology, English, the Arts, and Math, as incorporated in various classes through the STEAM initiative
Every day of middle school is new and exciting, full of challenges and opportunities. Equipping our students to thrive during the tumultuous adolescent years is our desire at SBA. It is our firm belief that Silverdale Baptist Academy is the place to successfully equip students spiritually, socially, and academically.