High School Curriculum Overview
As we continue to partner with our parents for their children’s education, we strive to provide an outstanding educational experience that is focused on academic excellence, the spiritual training, and discipleship of our students.
SBA has been successfully pursuing the goal of academic excellence by utilizing a rigorous, college-prep curriculum and by hiring the most outstanding teachers who are experts in the subject-area they teach. Here are some of the highlights of the academic program in the high school:
- A curriculum that offers a variety of honors classes, including Advanced Placement and Dual Enrollment classes, through which our students can get up to 30 college credit hours.
- A STEAM path has been developed to equip students in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math, so that they can pursue careers in these rapidly expanding fields.
- An Outdoor Education program with electives classes such as Adventures in Wilderness education, and J-term courses that take the learning experiences in the great outdoors.
- Integrating cutting edge technology by utilizing Google classroom, iPads, smart boards, and Apple TVs in each classroom, all of which are tools that allow our students to maximize their learning experience.
- A Fine Arts Department that provides our students with a plethora of opportunities in classes such as Music Appreciation, Chorus, Praise Band, Pep Band, Drama, Art, and so much more!
- A Biblical integration in all subject matters that allows our students to develop a solid Christian Worldview paired with the ability to defend their faith and to give a defense, "apologia" for the gospel.
- An Academic Support Program that is geared toward meeting students' needs and helping them be successful in their learning, reaching their full potential.