News & Info: April 7th
Rotary's 2016 Influential Educator: Mr. Pierce
The Rotary Club of Chattanooga Hamilton Place continued its tradition this year of recognizing influential educators who have a positive influence on their student’s educational experience, naming Middle School's Mr. Evan Pierce as one of this year's influential educators. 8th grader AJ McInnis (left) represented his peers at the luncheon and introduced Mr. Pierce to the room full of Rotarians. Middle School Principal Roslyn McCoy (right) was also in attendance to help honor and support Mr. Pierce. Congratulations!
High School Drama Production: Snow White
Friday and Saturday, April 15-16, 2016 at the Catoosa County Colonnade. Admission $7. We hope to see you there supporting our students in their final drama production of the school year! Tickets will be available beginning Tuesday, April 5th at Mrs. Rizzo's desk.
Summer will be here before you know it, so we want to be sure you have a safe, engaging summer camp experience for your children here at Silverdale Baptist Academy! Whether you're looking for camps in academic subjects, sports, art, and more, our complete camp offerings can be found online at www.silverdaleba.org/camps. Take a look and register today!
ATTENTION Elementary & Middle School Parents!
It’s time to start planning for next year…
PTF will offer Pre-Packaged School Supply Kits for elementary and middle school students again for the 2016-2017 school year.
Letters and order form information will go home with elementary students the week of April 11th. An email with the order information will be sent out to parents of upcoming 7th and 8th students. We have partnered with the company, Schookidz, a Staples® Company.
It is time to place your order…
ALL Orders will be completed online: www.shopttkits.com Acct# 61176 Choose your child’s grade (2016-2017) (It is fast and easy and NO service charge will be applied)
Orders will be taken NOW until May 13th (Sorry, no orders can be taken after this date)
Look for more reminders to follow…
If you have additional questions, please email your PTF representative
[vimeo 161875362 w=500 h=281]
- IMPORTANT: If you have carpool needs for your children, the best avenue to make this happen is through our Silverdale Parents Facebook page. Create a free personal Facebook account if you haven’t already, then request to join the group. An admin will approve your request to join ASAP.
- FINANCIAL INFORMATION: Please remember payments are due on the 1st of each month and late after the 5th (late charge $20). If accounts are not current, your RenWeb accounts will be blocked. Please contact the financial office if you have questions regarding your account. Don’t miss a beat in the world of tuition and finance – check the Financial page on the Parent Portal for current information.
- 2015-2016 MASTER CALENDAR: Check Academy dates for vacation, holidays, etc – the school’s master calendar for the 2015-2016 year is available on our website by clicking here.
- UPCOMING DATES:
- April 11th-15th: Standardized Testing
- April 14th: Progress Reports
- April 15th-16th: High School Drama: Snow White (The Colonnade, Ringgold, GA)
- April 23rd: Prom
- April 25th-26th: Preschool's Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- April 28th-29th: Middle School Drama Production
- May 4th: Middle School Awards Program
- May 4th: Middle School Talent Show
- May 4th: Senior Scholarship Chapel
- May 6th: High School Talent Show
- May 6th: Spirit Day
- May 10th: High School Awards
- May 12th: 5th Grade Play
- May 17th: Kindergarten Graduation
- May 17th: Preschool Graduation
- May 18th: 5th Grade Tribute
- May 18th: Elementary Awards
- May 19th: Baccalaureate
- May 20th: Graduation
Spring Individual and Class Portraits: Tuesday, April 12th and Wednesday, April 13th - Your child will be photographed on the day that corresponds with the days they are enrolled. If your child is enrolled 5 Days, please see the child's teacher or the Front Desk for information.
Coke Sale Pick-Up Day: Tuesday, April 19th - Preschool pick-up begins at 12:00 pm.
- Preschool Parent Portal: CLICK HERE
- SBA competed with other surrounding schools 5th-8th Grades in the Math Olympics: 5th Grade Reasoning: Parker Davidson 3rd Place 8th Grade Computation: Abby Denning 4th Place, Alissa Hodges 3rd Place 8th Grade Reasoning: Ben Sparkman 1st Place Medallion, McKenzie Marcus 4th Place (Placed at the Math Olympics Meet at Concord Christian School in Knoxville, April 5, 2016)
- Elementary Yearbooks: To order your child’s yearbook, log on to www.treering.com and use the school code 1013171646543951 to get started. To order yearbooks from years past, contact Treering Support directly at 877-755-TREE.
- Elementary Parent Portal: CLICK HERE
- Carline Safety: For the safety of all students, students must be picked up at the designated carline entrance, entrance #4. Students may not wait for you on the couches. Please do not ask them to meet you any place other than the carline area. Thank you.
April 14: Progress Reports
April 20: Middle School Student Council Fundraiser and Faculty vs. Student Basketball game. Students may pay $1 for the chance to shoot from half-court. Names will be drawn.
April 21: Middle School Student Council Fundraiser - paid Dress Down Day. Middle School students may dress down for $3, adding an extra $1 to wear a hat.
April 22: Middle School trip to Dollywood
April 27: 8th Grade Chapel, 11:50 in the Sanctuary
April 28-29: Middle School Drama Production of "Law and Order: Fairy Tale Unit," 6:30pm each evening in the Chapel
ACT Aspire Testing Schedule:April 12th English/Writing 9:00-10:30 April 13th Math 9:00-10:30 April 14th Reading 9:00-10:30 April 15th Science 9:00-10:30Please make sure your students are present for testing, rescheduling any appointments if necessary. Thank you.
- Middle School Parent Portal: CLICK HERE
- Standardized Testing for 9th and 10th grades will be April 11th-14th.
- Senior Talks continue on Tuesday, April 19th with Cooper, Jordan and Keely Sylar. Help the High School Yearbook by uploading your photos of school events and activities. See the info in the graphic below.
High School Cheerleading Tryouts: April 11-13th, 2016, 3:30-5:00pm in the Upper Gym. Tryout packets are available in the Athletics Office (see Tim Couch). Parent Information Meeting - April 5th at 6:30pm in Room 210,
- BOOSTER MEMBERSHIP: Sign up to be a booster member here. For questions or more information about becoming a booster, email Tiffany Givens.
- For team calendars, check out the Athletics Master Calendar online. (When team schedules change at school, these calendars auto-update). If you use Google calendars personally, you can instantly add any of our athletic or team calendars to your own by clicking the “+Google Calendar” button in the lower right corner of the calendar you’d like to add.