News & Info: April 15th
Silverdale Essays Among Top 8 in Chattanooga
[caption id="attachment_3560" align="alignnone" width="5365"] Junior Katie White and High School History Teacher, Mr. Jake Willcutt. (Not pictured: Josh Bowers)[/caption] Each year, the Chattanooga Chapter of Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge sponsors The Spirit of America Youth Leadership Program held on the National Campus of the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. The essay contest is for 11th grade students who choose to participate in and compete for 8 or more scholarships to the program. This year Silverdale was honored to have 2 students, Katie White and Josh Bowers (not pictured), who were selected to receive scholarships to attend the conference. Their essays and interviews were among the eight chosen throughout Hamilton and Catoosa County school systems. Katie and Josh will represent Silverdale at the national conference in Valley Forge on April 21st and 22nd.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Friday and Saturday, April 15-16, 2016 at the Catoosa County Colonnade. Admission $7. We hope to see you there supporting our students in their final drama production of the school year! Tickets will be available beginning Tuesday, April 5th at Mrs. Rizzo's desk.
Summer will be here before you know it, so we want to be sure you have a safe, engaging summer camp experience for your children here at Silverdale Baptist Academy! Whether you're looking for camps in academic subjects, sports, art, and more, our complete camp offerings can be found online at www.silverdaleba.org/camps. Take a look and register today!
ATTENTION Elementary & Middle School Parents!
It’s time to start planning for next year…
PTF will offer Pre-Packaged School Supply Kits for elementary and middle school students again for the 2016-2017 school year.
Letters and order form information will go home with elementary students the week of April 11th. An email with the order information will be sent out to parents of upcoming 7th and 8th students. We have partnered with the company, Schookidz, a Staples® Company.
It is time to place your order…
ALL Orders will be completed online: www.shopttkits.com Acct# 61176 Choose your child’s grade (2016-2017) (It is fast and easy and NO service charge will be applied)
Orders will be taken NOW until May 13th (Sorry, no orders can be taken after this date)
Look for more reminders to follow…
If you have additional questions, please email your PTF representative
- UNIFORM RESALE: The Parent-Teacher Fellowship Uniform Resale is a chance for parents to sell their student's uniforms along with buying gently used uniforms at a great price. The dates for this summer's sale are Thursday and Friday, July 21st-22nd, with resale volunteers getting priority shopping Wednesday evening! All documents related to the resale can be found on the Parent Portal here. If you have any other questions, please email the coordinator.
- FINANCIAL INFORMATION: Please remember payments are due on the 1st of each month and late after the 5th (late charge $20). If accounts are not current, your RenWeb accounts will be blocked. Please contact the financial office if you have questions regarding your account. Don’t miss a beat in the world of tuition and finance – check the Financial page on the Parent Portal for current information.
- 2016-2017 MASTER CALENDAR: Check Academy dates for vacation, holidays, etc – the school’s master calendar for the upcoming 2016-2017 year is available on our website by clicking here.
- UPCOMING DATES:
- April 15th-16th: High School Drama: Snow White (The Colonnade, Ringgold, GA)
- April 23rd: Prom
- April 25th-26th: Preschool's Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- April 28th-29th: Middle School Drama Production
- May 4th: Middle School Awards Program
- May 4th: Middle School Talent Show
- May 4th: Senior Scholarship Chapel
- May 6th: High School Talent Show
- May 6th: Spirit Day
- May 10th: High School Awards
- May 11th: Senior Day
- May 12th: 5th Grade Play
- May 17th: Kindergarten Graduation
- May 17th: Preschool Graduation
- May 18th: 5th Grade Tribute
- May 18th: Elementary Awards
- May 19th: Baccalaureate
- May 20th: Graduation
- Preschoolers in the Three Year Old Department enjoyed some fly swatter painting this week as they learned more about the life cycle of insects!
Coke Sale Pick-Up Day: Tuesday, April 19th - Preschool pick-up begins at 12:00 pm.
- Preschool Parent Portal: CLICK HERE
- Elementary Yearbooks: To order your child’s yearbook, log on to www.treering.com and use the school code 1013171646543951 to get started. To order yearbooks from years past, contact Treering Support directly at 877-755-TREE.
- Elementary Parent Portal: CLICK HERE
- Carline Safety: For the safety of all students, students must be picked up at the designated carline entrance, entrance #4. Students may not wait for you on the couches. Please do not ask them to meet you any place other than the carline area. Thank you.
April 20: Middle School Student Council Fundraiser and Faculty vs. Student Basketball game. Students may pay $1 for the chance to shoot from half-court. Names will be drawn.
April 21: Middle School Student Council Fundraiser - paid Dress Down Day. Middle School students may dress down for $3, adding an extra $1 to wear a hat.
April 22: Middle School trip to Dollywood
April 27: 8th Grade Chapel, 11:50 in the Sanctuary
April 28-29: Middle School Drama Production of "Law and Order: Fairy Tale Unit," 6:30pm each evening in the Chapel
May 4: Awards Program, Talent Show
May 6: Spirit Day
- Middle School Parent Portal: CLICK HERE
Schedule for the week of 4/18: Odd, Even, Odd (with AIT), Even, 1-7
Friday, April 22nd: Sophomores and Juniors will attend a class ring meeting during Activity Period in the Chapel. Parents, please look for the packet to come home that afternoon with the information regarding ordering a class ring.
- Senior Talks continue on Tuesday, April 19th with Cooper, Jordan and Keely Sylar.
- Help the High School Yearbook by uploading your photos of school events and activities! See the info in the graphic below.
- BOOSTER MEMBERSHIP: Sign up to be a booster member here. For questions or more information about becoming a booster, email Tiffany Givens.
- For team calendars, check out the Athletics Master Calendar online. (When team schedules change at school, these calendars auto-update). If you use Google calendars personally, you can instantly add any of our athletic or team calendars to your own by clicking the “+Google Calendar” button in the lower right corner of the calendar you’d like to add.